Apr 27, 2012

Exhaustion!

It can creep up on you.  Take you by surprise and lay you flat out.

That's how I felt today!

A little pretext.  My wee girlie has been sick all week; fighting a fever and throat infection.  So much fun for everyone! Um, yeah, not really! It's these times when I wish I could take all the pain & discomfort she is feeling into myself.  But since that can't happen I do the next best thing and give her all the comfort & love that I possibly can.  And while I dearly love every second, every hug, every cuddle, man it's exhausting!  Top it off with restless nights, disrupted sleep schedules, work stress and I'm just done.

Today was my first full day this week at the office and I wish I could have skipped it altogether.  After a 4 am wake up call to administer Tylenol, then a 5:30am wake up call to start the day, I was more than a bit tired by the time I arrived at the office at 8:30.  I should also preface this by saying we have been very fortunate with the wee girlie...she has been a fantastic sleeper since the day she came home from the hospital.  I'm a little spoiled I think so when faced with situations like this, I'm just not used to the sleep deprivation!  The pic above is of my girlie when we were out enjoying a few minutes of sunshine earlier this week...only because she wasn't feeling well did she drag the blankie behind her...too cute!!  I could have used a blankie for comfort today!

I managed to get through the day as did the little one.  She actually ate today as well at the babysitter's house.  This is something she hadn't done since Sunday night really (ate very, very little during the week). I teased Angela (babysitter) that perhaps it's my cooking & the food is better at her house.  She assured me that couldn't be the case, but considering that she wasn't interested in eating tonight either, I have to wonder!! 

The good thing is that the wee one is on the mend...thank goodness!  I'm quite sure she is tired of being sick, and not to sound insensitive, hubby & I are feeling the same way!  So many reasons to want her to get better! :-)

So tonight I hope for some good rest; for all of us!

The bright spot of my day today:
5:30am, changing her diaper on the change table, my wee girlie starts pumping her fists in the air as if to music singing in her hoarse little voice "Move it, move it".  My smile was a mile wide!  This was her signal that she would like to watch the Madagascar movie...her fav part is when the lemurs sing "I like to move it!"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment